Hello Fellow Runners,
This year's 45th edition of the Saunders 10k will be LIVE once agan, in addition to a Virtual version of this great event! The Virtual event will be held from August 12 thru August 19 and LIVE on Saturday, August 21, starting at 5:30 pm.
The Live race will be run on a modified version of the original course that winds around and through the town of Rye, NH. The start and finish will be on Central Road near the former Evergreen of Rye Garden Center, with parking across the road in the large field near the turn onto Locke Rd. The number of competitors will be limited to 350.
Unfortunately there will be no post-race party (We're saving that for next year), so everyone will receive a T-shirt and some additional swag. Refreshments will be "brown-bagged", so it will be a "run and done" event. Prizes will also be mailed out after the race.
• This year, if you run Virtual Race, you will have a whole week to complete the 10k distance (6.2 miles), starting on Thursday, August 12 at noon and ending on our traditional race day - August 19 at midnight.
• You can complete the distance ANYWHERE in the world at whatever time works for you.
• And, here's the really cool part. Those of you who have run the race in the past know that you always had to WIN a shirt, and that could be a real challenge. Like last year, everyone who registers for the virtual 10k will receive a special T-shirt and some additional swag.
• The race is still partnering with the NHSPCA and in this time of social distancing, they need our help more than ever.
• The race is still part of the Seacoast Road Race Series and to get credit for the race all you have to do is to submit your time after you finish your run.
•The past year has been difficult, but we are winning the battle against Covid-19 as more and more people get vaccinated, so run with us. Celebrate with us.
Stay healthy and Run Safe.
Doug Zechel, Race Director, Saunders 10k