Hello Fellow Runners,
I have some good news and some bad news. First, the bad. It will not be possible to hold the Saunders at Rye Harbor 10k as we have come to know it this year. However, it will still be held as a virtual race. I know that it won't be the same. We'll miss the competition, we'll miss what will probably be a too hot night and we'll certainly miss the cold beer and comraderie at the finish. But, there is no reason that it can't remain a hi-lite of your running year.
• This year, as a Virtual Race, you will have a whole week to complete the 10k distance (6.2 miles), starting on Thursday, August 13 and ending on our traditional race day - August 20.
• You can complete the distance ANYWHERE in the world that you want, however, both our original and new courses will each be marked for those traditionalists among you. It will be a great chance to revisit the original course.
• Now, here's the really cool part. Those of you who have run the race in the past know that you always had to WIN a shirt, and that could be a real challenge. In any other year you may or may not have been successful in the quest for one of those sought after shirts, but not this year. Not this time. This year is your time. No one can beat you. This year victory will be yours. You will prevail and that coveted shirt will be yours.
• In addition to the shirt, everyone who enters will get some additional real cool swag — including a special sticker commemorating this Seacoast Classic and a silicone wrist band and a Saunders 10k Face Mask.
• The race is still partnering with the NHSPCA and in this time of social distancing, they need our help more than ever.
• The race is still part of the Seacoast Road Race Series and to get credit for the race all you have to do is to submit your time after you finish your run.
•Don't let the Covid-19 Pandemic win. Run with us. Thrive with us. AND when this is all over, and you see someone wearing one of those special edition shirts or mask, say hi to them, because both of you are members of a special group of athletes who helped keep this great event alive.
Stay healthy and Run Safe.
Doug Zechel, Race Director, Saunders 10k